Here Are 10 Sure Signs That You are Seeing Success Even if You Have a Nagging Feeling You’re Not
-Marc Chernoff of Hack Life
As entrepreneurs and business owners, there are times we all (OK- 90% of us; yes, I researched that- 9 out of 10 said so!) feel as though success may be eluding us. We know we are moving forward, but we just cant help but get caught up in the feeling that we are not quite making it happen as we’d hoped we would.
I think one of the brightest and most compelling characteristics of the entrepreneur is that certain eagerness to get there fast- to make it happen now. Unfortunately, that same determination to make it happen overnight can sometimes undermine our confidence, because- unfortunately- most of the time it just doesn’t go down that way.
Though victory may be taking it’s sweet old time, and success may seem almost unattainable, the reality is that you are likely seeing more achievement than you know; you simply can’t see the proverbial trees for the forest.
Here are 10 sure signs that you are seeing success, even if you feel like you’re not:
1. You get paid for what you do. That’s right; people are actually paying you money in compensation for the products or services you are providing. Guess what? That makes you a professional, regardless of the amount of money it is. You’ve been paid. That is what you set out to do. That is success.
2. You have learned how to fail fast and move on. Successful entrepreneurs are able to recognize failure quickly, let go and move on to the next project or idea, or manifestation of the current endeavor. While it may feel pretty crappy when you’re saying goodbye to a project you held high hopes for, you can rest assured that you’re successful when you’re able to do so.
3. You surround yourself with people who have what you want and you are able to distance yourself from the naysayers who say that you “cant” (fill in the blank).
4. You have learned that setbacks are a part of growth- you see them as opportunity rather than failure. You appreciate that with failure comes wisdom, but more importantly, chances at new things.
5. You have an attitude of gratitude and you don’t complain too much. You embrace even the things that are seemingly “negatives” on the surface. You don’t see the glass as half empty or half full- you just see that you have the glass.
6. You celebrate the success of others. Jealousy has no space in your world.
7. You’re meeting at least some of your goals. They may be small ones or they may be big, but you’re definitely crossing some off your list.
8. You are teachable and not afraid to ask for help or advice.
9. New clients seek you out because others have recommended you. That recommendation is a huge indicator of just how successful you really are.
10. You are able to fire customers who are more trouble than they are worth. You are taking care of yourself and your business by maintaining boundaries, and choosing not to work with those that put you into a deficit of time, money or energy.