Podcasts Are a Terrific Tool for Entrepreneurs- Both From Behind the Mic & in Front of it…
In 2014, podcasts moved into an even bigger spotlight as a terrific educational and marketing tool.
Of the trend, Michael Stelzner founder and CEO of Social Media Examiner said,
“Podcasting will continue to grow substantially as more marketers begin to understand the value of reaching people while they are walking or driving via audio content. Podcast listeners average 20 minutes per episode (which about matches the average commute). Compare that to any other online channel and nothing matches up. If your business has not considered starting a podcast, now is the time.”
Podcasts enable experts to bring a variety of ideas, philosophies, information and perspective to the table, and the forum makes them easy to produce and distribute to listeners.
For the busy entrepreneurs seeking to learn and grow, nothing could be more easy or simple: just plug in, click on a link, and go about life as usual while listing to something valuable, entertaining and educational. Whether driving to the office, walking the dog or making breakfast, podcasts make for simple, hands-free, eyes-free information consumption.
Here are my top ten favorite business podcasts (in no particular order) for growing both personally and professionally:
1. John Lee Dumas’ Entrepreneur on Fire — This is a great podcast for new entrepreneurs who need a fresh take on the business situation. Airing seven days a week, this podcast tells the stories of business owners who figured out what they needed to do to take their business to the next plane. John Lee Dumas has helped thousands of people succeed.
2. Smart Passive Income — One of the most popular podcasts on the internet, and a must-listen if you are looking for a new approach, this podcast is hosted by Pat Flynn, who discusses ways to increase profits using marketing structures, blogging, and lifestyle changes.
3. Online Marketing Made Easy — Amy Porterfield, renowned expert on virtual marketing, hosts this show, which offers business owners and entrepreneurs tips on how to approach their digital marketing strategies. If you want to know how to use content marketing to your advantage to increase sales, this is the podcast for you.
4. Mixergy — Hosted by Andrew Warner, this podcast features interviews with big name entrepreneurs. By listening, you will get insight from professionals who have been down your road, as you hear about their struggles and secrets for success.
5. Bacon Wrapped Business — Listen to Brad Costanzo, entrepreneur, marketing expert and angel investor discuss what is working in business and marketing today with the top business leaders and marketing minds in the world today. Each guest on the show is a recognized expert in his or her field, and each brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and insight to the show.
6. Web Domination Podcast — Dan Norris hosts this podcast and he gives insight into the world of content marketing. By listening to this show, marketers can discover how to how to recognize opportunity and do what’s best for the company.
7. StartUp Nation — The Sloan Brothers run this show and small business is the focus. The hosts of Startup Nation have experience in the field of entrepreneurship, and they know how to get results. This show takes place twice per month and each episode provides intriguing insight to the world of small business and success.
8. The Tim Ferriss Show — Hosted by world-famous author Tim Ferriss, this podcast features a look into the lives of the top-paid people in the world. Tim explores tools, tips- and some might say hacks- that these people used to get where they are today.
9. The Introvert Entrepreneur — Beth Buelow hosts this show where she interviews business owners on how they became successful. They give you tips and tricks to overcome challenges both small and large.
10. Foundation — Hosted by highly successful entrepreneur Kevin Rose, founder of Digg, this show features guests who’ve reached the top in the world of business. These hugely successful entrepreneurs discuss their ideas, their past, inspiration, and more. This podcast should not be missed if you are in the business field to stay.