Many of you have asked me about the applications that I use to build our Twitter following.
In case you missed it, Twitter is one of the hottest properties on the web today. This powerful tool can help to explode your web presence and truly generate hot prospects for your business. Think of Twitter like this.
- You are announcing to the world that you exist and that because you are a real estate expert – people should care about what you have to say
- You need to make sure that your “tweets” are relevant about real estate and ultimately are driving people to your business or squeeze pages that help to generate leads for you
- Tweets are limited to 140 characters, so they need to be short and sweet – but compelling
- 90% of your tweets should have nothing to do with your business or about you attempting to drive people some where – they should be compelling about you or hot topics that you have found about real estate
- Once someone begins to follow you – they should occasionally be driven (compelled) to check out site(s) that you are promoting
SO, here are some cool tools to help get you started with Twitter and building a really good list that will respond to you
- TWITTERFEED.COM – Use this tool to setup RSS feeds that will “feed” tweets into Twitter for you – making your Twitter account “hands free” Â HOW TO USE: Â Setup any RSS feed from related source/subject. Â Once you have the feed URL, you then go to Twitterfeed.com – setup the feed to come into your Twitter account every hour/2hours/3hours, or daily. Â EXAMPLE: “Foreclosure” – have Google Alerts create an RSS Feed for the subject – cut and paste that URL into Twitterfeed.com and every 2 hours – you will be posting a relevant tweet on foreclosure – hands free
- TWOLLO.COM – Use this tool to follow people on Twitter that are talking about the subjects that you care about. Â Foreclosure, real estate, 1800sellnow, short sales, reo, etc. etc. Â This tool will go out regularly and find people talking about these subjects and begin “following” them. Â In most cases, once you do that – they will also begin following you. Â This is a targeted follower that is probably interested in what you have to say.
- TWITTER KARMA – Twitter restricts the number of people that you can follow relative to the number of people that are following you. Â This prevents you from going and following 1,000 people just to gain a 1,000 followers. Â Using this tool you can “unfollow” anyone that is not following you. Â Freeing up spots to go follow people that will return the favor.
We’ll talk about this more in Vegas. However, this is a real good place to start and get going.
BTW, If you want to follow me on Twitter – go to : http://twitter.com/KClothier or Friend me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kent.clothier